What made that job so bad?
Apparently most people leave their jobs for at least one of the following reasons;
- Poor relationship with Manager
- No opportunity to grow or progress
- Work life balance
When did you last feel like that?
- Will the Christmas break have made them think they want to spend more time with their families?
- Are they getting the training they need or want?
- Are they doing the kind of work they want to do?
- What do they think of their manager (and their colleagues)
- Would they be willing to come in early, or leave late, just to make sure that job got finished?
What would it be like if they ‘loved’ their job and they were proud of what they did? They certainly wouldn’t be thinking of leaving would they?
What’s more scary – asking your people how they feel or watching them leave (and seeing the impact that has on your business)?
It’s not too late to find out what your people think. It’s not too late to encourage them to stay.